Changes to the FROL application for Notification
1. A new field "Notifications" was added to the employer profile page.
2. This field should only be visible to upper level admins (level 1, 2, 3) not to subscribers at this time. (See screens Field and Options)
3. The new selection list has the following options:
- "Nothing Selected" - Notifications are not not enabled for the employer
- "Events Only" - Only event based notifications are enabled
- "Reminders Only" - Only reminder based notifications are enabled
- "Events and Reminders" - Event and Reminder based notifications are enabled
4. Enabling Event notifications causes the notification address fields to appear on the User Profile page Notification Email - email address for event based notifications TXT Notification Email - email to TXT address for event based notifications
- Note: email to TXT address is dependent on the phone carrier and may not be available for all carriers
5. Enabling Reminder notifications causes the reminder fields to appear on Case Notes, CPA Notes and CP Analysis pages Responsible Person, Target Date, Completion Date (new on Notes pages, already exist on CP Analysis page)
Notification Email - email address for reminder based notifications (new on all pages) TXT Notification Email - email to TXT address for reminder based notifications (new on all pages) Note: email to TXT address is dependent on the phone carrier and may not be available for all carriers. (See screens casenote 1, 2 and 3 cpanote 1)
Notification System Operation
1. Two types of Notifications:
"Event based" - notifications are triggered by events that occur in the FROL application.
Events currently being reported:
- Incident Created
- Incident Transmitted (FTP or Fax)
- Incident Hidden or Unhidden
- Incident Deleted or Undeleted
"Reminder based" - notifications are triggered based on the Target Completion date of the reminder
The notification normal schedule will be:
- 7 days before
- 2 days before
- the day it is due
- 2 days overdue
- 7 days overdue
2. Notifications are enabled at the employer level:
- Users that login at a group level cannot subscribe to event based notifications.
- Users that login at a group level can drill down into an "enabled" employer and create/edit reminders
3. Once event based notifications are enabled for an employer, users can subscribe by entering the email and TXT address information in their User profile. These addresses can also be added by someone logging in at a group level and drilling down. Once subscribed, no additional user action is required. When one of the listed events occurs at or below the user's login level, the system will send the notification message. Users that login at the employer, location or department level can subscribe.
4. Once reminder based notifications are enabled for an employer, users can create reminders. Since each reminder is a stand-alone entity, the user has to enter all of the information (Responsible Person, Target Date, Completion Date, Notification Email, TXT Notification Email) each time a new reminder is created. Once a completion date is entered, the reminder is considered finished and no more notifications are sent. (See screens Note Transmit and Note Create)
5. Product Type may limit user access to parts of the notification system, even if notifications have been enabled for the employer.
6. Standard users cannot access incident Case notes and will not be able to create Case Notes reminders. If enabled on their user profile, they can access CP Analysis and CPA Notes and create reminders there.
7. There may be other combinations of product type, user permission and user role that will prevent users from accessing parts of the system used by the notification system. In these situations, the user will not be able to use the notification system even if it has been enabled for the employer.